All students must complete 100 community service hours to graduate from Pine Castle Christian Academy. The Community Service requirement is meant to foster an ethic of volunteerism that is a part of everyday life where the volunteering is integrated and balanced with other obligations. Community service hours are defined as hours spent working for a non-profit group or organization that benefits the community. You cannot be paid or compensated for these hours in any way.
Community Service Activities (These count for Community Service):
- Volunteering for non-profit groups such as schools, youth organizations, beach clean-up organizations, church group, etc.
- Creating your own community service projects
- Design your own and have a teacher or staff member be your advisor and seek prior approval
- Fundraising for non-profit organizations like the Red Cross or American Cancer Society
- After hours school-related volunteering such as helping out with back-to-school night, Freshman orientation, volunteering with a teacher after-school, volunteering at sports activities, etc.
Any PCCA related community service MUST have prior approval from Dr. Aiyer.
Activities which do not qualify for service hours:
- Class assignments and field trips
- Work done in a teacher’s classroom unless prior approval is given to the teacher
- Activities for which you are paid
- Working for “free” for a friend or family member’s business
- Donations (Locks of Love, donating blood, etc.)